Friday, December 08, 2017
Friday Snow Day at STPH
Snow began falling in the Covington area before dawn, Friday, December 8, 2017. It has continued intermittently all day.
Thursday, with a Winter Weather Advisory from St. Tammany Parish government, STPH administration issued an initial notice. Small accumulation of snow/sleet were expected across northern areas late last and early into this morning. The parish did not expect major issues on surface roads, as they expected most of the snow to melt quickly. However, accumulation did occur, and 63 vehicle accidents occurred in five hours Friday morning, according to Louisiana State Police.
Friday, a moderate to hard freeze is possible tonight, and freezing precipitation is expected to end late tonight when skies slowly clear out. STPH Administration continues to monitor weather conditions for their impact on hospital locations, services, staff and patients.
With current projections, our hospital will continue in normal operations and will not open command center, but some nonessential programs and locations have altered hours. Please note the following:
- Home Health and Hospice, closed at noon
- Patient Financial Services, closed at noon
- Parenting and Community Wellness, closed at 1 p.m.
- Northlake Surgical and Covington Cardiovascular, closed at 2:30 p.m.
- Riverside and YMCA locations for STPH Outpatient Rehabilitation, closed at 2:30 p.m.
- STPN-Folsom, closing at 3 p.m.
- STPN-Madisonville/Peds, closing at 3 p.m.
- Employee Pharmacy and Meds-To-Beds, closing at 4 p.m.
Rest assured that your community hospital stands ready to provide care when you need us. Both Emergency Departments (main campus: 1202 S Tyler St Covington; and Mandeville: 2929 Hwy 190 across from the post office) are open at all times and always ready to care for you.