The St. Tammany Hospital Guild has been a part of the hospital family for over 50 years. This organization is made up of community members, both men and women, who have a very strong love of the area and a desire to help their hospital and fellow citizens.
The Guild donates funds to the hospital through the Gift Shop. They also provide Nursing and Allied Health Scholarships twice a year to deserving hospital employees who are furthering their education in medical fields. The Guild has about 115 members who donate 25,000 hours each year in 20 hospital departments.
Benefits of Volunteering
- A sense of satisfaction from contributing to your community
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Learning new skills and maintaining your current skills
- Knowledge about your community hospital
- Social and recognition events
- A free meal during a 4-hour shift
- Quarterly Guild newsletter
Volunteers are placed according to the following standards:
- Departmental needs
- Availability of the volunteer
- Preferences of the volunteer
- Skills of the volunteer
- Ability of the volunteer to meet standard requirements
You can join this special organization and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that you truly can make a difference. For more information, contact Shirley Primes at 985-898-4008 or email@example.com.
Collegiate Shadowing Program
Program - June 6 - July 29
Applications due June 1
This program provides students an opportunity to observe or shadow a healthcare employee in order to develop a broader understanding of their intended field of study.
The purpose of the program is to provide the best learning opportunity for the individual seeking a medical/healthcare career path. The program provides:
- opportunities to observe healthcare in practice
- exposure to many healthcare career options
- information about the requirements to enter various healthcare careers
- positive role models
The program is open to persons who are actively enrolled in a four-year healthcare degree program that requires hours of observation as part of the application process. This includes careers in Respiratory, Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy, among others.
For an application or more information, please contact the Education Department at 985-898-4083.