At St. Tammany Parish Hospital, delivering world-class healthcare close to home is our goal. That means we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best professionals for every position in our hospital system.
We believe the pristine beauty of St. Tammany Parish adds to our attractive compensation package. The hospital is nestled in the heart of Covington on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain. It is a peaceful, scenic, community-oriented area with an abundance of amenities to suit every taste.
Families appreciate the strength of the St. Tammany Parish School System, which ranks as Louisiana’s finest and hosts a number of federally recognized Presidential Blue Ribbon schools. This success is marked by students’ consistently high scores on national standardized tests.
The Northshore offers the best of both worlds – the comfort of country living with the diversities and attractions of New Orleans, only a lake away.
Simply put, St. Tammany is a great place to work and live.
EDUCATION: INVESTING IN YOUR DEVELOPMENT
- RN Residency Program (for recent graduates)
- AORN Pre-op Program
- Ultrasonographer Residency Program (for recent graduates)
- Continuing Education Provider for Nursing and Allied Health Professionals
- Scholarships for Nursing and Allied Health
RECOGNITION: APPLAUDING YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Ambassador Club
- Incentive Plan
- Service Awards
- Employee Appreciation events
BENEFITS: TAKING CARE OF YOU
- Employee pharmacy on-site
- Wellness program
- No Benefits Option (for licensed professionals)
QUALITY OF LIFE: WORK/LIFE BALANCE CLOSE TO HOME
- WOW Program (weekend-only-work)
- Resource Staffing (Tier) Pool
- 12-hour/10-hour/8-hour shifts available for select departments
- Flexible hours
COMMUNITY OUTREACH: TAKING CARE OF OUR NEIGHBORS
- Community support groups
- American Heart Association – Northshore Heart Walk
- Free cancer screenings
- Community health fairs
- United Way campaign
COMMUNICATION: KEEPING YOU INFORMED
- Town Hall meetings with the President and CEO
- Around the Water Cooler discussions with senior staff
- Employee-led committees and forums
- Weekly e-newsletter and bimonthly newsletter focused on employees
THE CULTURE: KEEPING EMPLOYEES HAPPY
- World-class healthcare close to home philosophy extends from patient care to employee satisfaction
- collaboration between employees and management results in consistent systemwide use of protocols and continuum of care
- Employee representation on committees results in widespread collaboration
- All senior staff have clinical backgrounds, so decision-making is patient oriented with delivery of care of mind
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
St. Tammany Parish Hospital has earned distinction at local, regional and national levels for quality, leadership, employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction. While no other hospital in the region can compare to the achievements of your own community hospital, none of these achievements can compare to the endorsement of our own neighbors, employees and physicians. Overwhelmingly, these groups say they would recommend St. Tammany Parish Hospital to their loved ones. Click here for more details about our awards and recognitions.
Each St. Tammany Parish Hospital staff member is expected to conduct himself or herself according to our mission, vision and values. Please take time to review those expectations, which can be found by clicking here, before applying for employment. If you feel you are unable to demonstrate those characteristics, we respectfully request that you do not proceed with the application process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Tammany Parish Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Tammany Parish Hospital is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
St. Tammany Parish Hospital has earned an excellent reputation for customer service. We firmly believe it is not only the treatment we give our patients, but also the way we treat our guests that convince them to return to us for all of their lifetime medical needs. As such, we require all employees to be responsible for upholding our customer service standards, known as C.A.R.E.S. To this extent, all employees agree to demonstrate courtesy and respect to all customers. This includes our visitors, co-workers, physicians, patients and families.
ST. TAMMANY PARISH HOSPITAL IS A TOBACCO-FREE AND FLU-FREE EMPLOYER
St. Tammany Parish Hospital places great importance on the safety and wellness of our employees and community. We are a tobacco-free campus; requiring each employee to abstain from tobacco use on all STPH campuses. Leadership recognizes the difficulties associated with quitting smoking, so a comprehensive education and smoking cessation support system is available to all employees.
Additionally, we are committed to promoting a flu-free environment, where all St. Tammany Parish Hospital employees will seek an annual flu vaccination during influenza season. In recognition of the importance of this responsibility, STPH provides the vaccine at no cost to all STPH employees.
ONLINE REFERENCES ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
St. Tammany Parish Hospital - Human Resources
1202 S. Tyler St. | Covington, LA 70433 | Phone: (985) 898-4415 | Fax: (985) 898-4360