Visitors can be a positive experience for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit anytime; however, to ensure a quite environment so patients get appropriate rest, visitors are encouraged to leave by 10 p.m.
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere on the hospital campus.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when a member of the healthcare team needs to see the patient.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Occasionally it is necessary for a visitor to stay overnight with a patient. In semi-private rooms, your nurse must approve these arrangements.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician and healthcare team. To protect your privacy, you will be provided a personal identification number (PIN) to give to family or friends who you want to have access to information about your condition. Only those you designate will be given information during your stay.
Food, Drink for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate. In the intensive and critical care units, please check with the nurse regarding any gifts for patients.
Free parking is available in the lots surrounding the hospital. Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you are disabled or physically unable to get your vehicle, please contact Security at 898-4572.
Free valet service also is available from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the main entrance. To retrieve your keys after 5 p.m., contact Security at ext. 4572 or call 789-8016.
Please be sure to lock your car. If you need assistance with your vehicle, please ask the hospital operator, ext. 0, to contact the Security Department. This is a free service we offer for your convenience – tipping is not required – so please use it!