What is a Video Visit?
A video visit is a secure video appointment with your provider via your smartphone or tablet.
This allows patients to conduct a traditional office visit with their provider electronically through their MyChart app without leaving home or work.
How much is a video visit?
The patient’s insurance will be billed for the video visit. It the patent’s insurance does not cover a video visit, the patient will be responsible for a $54 fee. If insurance does cover the video visit, the patient may also be responsible for non-covered fees such as co-pays. Contact your insurance provider for covered benefets.
A this time, virtual visits are not covered by Medicare.
What are the technical requirements for a video visit?
- A mobile phone or tablet with iOS or Android operating system
- A front facing camera
- The MyChart app installed and St. Tammany Health System selected as your healthcare provider
- You can find the MyChart app in the App Store (iPhone) and Google Play Store (Android)
MyChart Application Download Instructions
Apps available on iOS
Search for the ‘MyChart’ application, which is compatible with Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices.
After downloading the MyChart Application, you must identify and add your healthcare organization by using the “Provider” button in the top right corner. Next select the + icon, and type “St. Tammany” in the search box. Finally, select St. Tammany Health System as your provider. Log in using the credentials you set in MyChart.
- Once your video visit is scheduled, you will need to complete ePre-Check in the MyChart app before you visit.
- During ePre-Check you will verify your insurance, demographics and sign the video visit consent form.
How to Start Your Video Visit
Once your ePre-Check is complete, you will need to test your hardware prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Select the box that has your upcoming Video Visit appointment
- On the next screen select the ‘Test Video’ button on the bottom of the screen
- If successful, you will receive a pop-up saying ‘You’re all set’
During Your Appointment
- Select Appointments
- Select the appointment date
- Select the video button on the top right
- Select Begin Visit
If You Receive An Error Try The Following:
- Find MyChart in your phone’s app store and make sure you have the latest version
- Verify the version of your phone’s operating system is up to date.
- Your iPhone/iPad should be using iOS 8.4 or later
- Your Android phone/table should be using Android: 4.2.0 or later