Visitors can be a positive experience for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit.
- There is no smoking at St. Tammany Parish Hospital. Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere inside or outside the hospital, while on STPH property.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than two visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time. Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors are asked to leave by 9:30 p.m.
Occasionally it is necessary for a relative to stay overnight with a patient. We encourage a family member to stay if the patient is assigned to a private room. In semi-private rooms, it is necessary to clear these arrangements with your nurse.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician and healthcare team. To protect your privacy, you will be provided a (PIN) personal identification number to give to family or friends who you want to have access to information about your condition. Only those you designate will be given information during your stay.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate. In the intensive care units, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.