Do I qualify for Medicaid?
Medicaid eligibility is determined using the Federal Poverty Level income guidelines. Click here to review information about this. (See also Monthly Income Limits for Medicaid Programs page)
In Louisiana, you qualify to receive Medicaid if you:
You may also qualify for Medicaid coverage if you:
- Are disabled according to the Social Security Administration’s definition
- Have corrected vision no better than 20/200
- Are a low-income parent of children under age 19
- Are a child under age 19
- Are pregnant
- Have no insurance and need treatment for breast and/or cervical cancer
- Receive Medicare coverage and are low-income
How Do I Apply?
There are several ways you can apply for Medicaid or get more information:
1. Apply now or renew coverage for any Medicaid program by visiting the Louisiana Medicaid Online Application (OLA). Once you submit the online application, it is sent immediately to the Medicaid office for processing, and there is no delay for mailing or faxing a paper form.
2. Call the Medicaid hotline toll free at 1.888.342.6207 for help applying. Agents are accepting calls Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
3. Contact any Medicaid Application Center statewide.
4. Download and print a Medicaid application and then mail or fax it to Medicaid at:
P.O. Box 91278
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9278
5. Contact your local Medicaid office for help applying.
6. Contact STPH at email@example.com or call 985-871-5656 to speak with a Financial Counselor for assistance.