We value you as a patient of our practice and are committed to providing safe and effective health care services to you. We want to make sure that you are aware of your rights and responsibilities as a patient. We believe that by doing so, you will b able to best work with the physician and office staff to speed your recovery and/or maintain your health.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Considerate and courteous care by the office staff and physicians.
- Privacy and confidentiality about your care, treatment and records.
- Respect for your time, to be greeted upon arrival and kept informed as to the approximate waiting time.
- A safe and comfortable environment for your care.
- Complete and current information about your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis as well as the nature and purpose of test, prescribed therapy and/or medications, and potential adverse effects associated with the treatment of plan.
- Clear instructions concerning the need for followup visits, referrals to other caregivers or additional measures necessary to achieve the desired outcome for your diagnosis.
- Accept or refuse any or the entire treatment plan after receiving a complete explanation.
- Additional professional opinion(s) on any diagnosis or recommended treatment plan.
- A copy of medical records pertaining to your care after payment of reasonable copying fees.
- Information about your bill, the amount and purpose of charges and our policies regarding payment of charges as well as procedures for resolving conflicts in the settlement of the bill.
- Receive assistance with formulation of a Living Will or other type of Advanced Directives.
As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Provide correct, complete information about your health
- Follow the treatment plan ordered by your physician, unless you notify him/her of concerns.
- Consider the rights of other patients and office personnel.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures that pertain to patient conduct.
- Take responsibility for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your physician’s instructions.
- Meet the financial obligations for your health care in accordance with the financial policy of St. Tammany Parish Physicians Network.
- Provide 24 hours notice for the cancellation of appointments.
We want to make sure that you are satisfied with the care you receive from our physician’s and office staff. If you have questions or concern, please contact Dionne Williams, Practice Administrator of St. Tammany Physicians Network, (985) 626-1717.